1st turn: Lost and the Damned
- Inquisitor Lord Severus, Daemonhammer, Bolt pistol, Holocaust, Icon of the Just, 2xAcolytes, Power Armour, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, Combat Servitor, 2xMystics, Rhino with Smoke Launchers
- Death Cult Assassin
- Vindicare assassin
- Inquisitor Kurven psycannon
- Squad Matoso, 9 Stormtroopers, 2xFlamers, Veteran Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon and Krak Grenades, Rhino, Smoke launchers and Extra Armour
- Squad Vargas, 7 Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma Guns, Veteran Sergeant with Plasma pistol, Auspex and Krak Grenades
- Squad Godirtho, 6 Storm troopers, 2 x meltaguns
- Squad Seralvo, 6 Storm troopers 2 x grenade launchers
- Orbital barrage - Lance strike
- Traitor squad with heavy bolter and heavy stubber
- 2 large mutant squads
- 5 spawn
- 3 big mutants
- Empty rhino with warp amp
- 5 raptors
- 7 Slaanesh daemons
Wayne uncovered the objective in his first turn but made a game of it by rushing forward with the unit. I broke one of the mutant squads with my storm troopers in the rhino but they were then wiped out by the spawn. The daemonettes took out the rhino but 6 of them were killed in the subsequent explosion.
Meanwhile on my left, my Inquisitor Lord, death cult assassin and a storm trooper squad assaulted the mutants with the objective. I won the combat but was then assaulted by the spawn. The objective changed hands four more times as the assassin died, then the Inquisitor with the psycannon, the last daemonette and finally one of the spawn managed to keep hold of it.
A cracking, tense game.
- Kudos to Wayne who made a game of it by rushing forward despite picking up the objective.
- The game devolved into an assault scrum in the centre of the table and unsurprisingly the spawn emerged victorious. Humans are frail in a fight.
- My barrage actually hit something - the basilisk - hurrah! But then I rolled 2 one's in a row and it was only immobilised - boo!