1st turn: ?
- Inquisitor Lord Severus, Daemonhammer, Bolt pistol, Holocaust, Icon of the Just, 2xAcolytes, Power Armour, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, Combat Servitor, 2xMystics, Rhino with Smoke Launchers
- 3 x Death Cult Assassins
- 2 x Daemonhosts
- Vindicare Assassin
- Squad Matoso, 9 Stormtroopers, 2xFlamers, Veteran Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon and Krak Grenades, Rhino, Smoke launchers and Extra Armour
- Squad Vargas, 7 Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma Guns, Veteran Sergeant with Plasma pistol, Auspex and Krak Grenades
- Farseer with guide
- 2x3 man Dark Reaper squads
- Wraithlord with star cannon
- 3 Vypers (2x star cannons, 1 bright lance)
- 10 Guardians with D-cannon
- 10 banshees with exarch in Wave Serpent with twin-linked star cannons
I hadn't finished painting up enough stormtrooper so I included a Vindicare assassin, thinking his firepower could be useful.
Things started well as I attacked up my right flank with the rhinos, wiping out the Wraithlord with my Inquisitor and sweeping into the guardians. Unfortunately the Inquisitor and his retinue were then star cannoned to death. The banshees ripped through a storm trooper squad and another squad routed. The Vindicare failed to hit a vyper with a turbo penetrator on a 2+, then he missed for the whole game due to poor dice rolls and Ken's vehicles blocking line of sight.
Both my assassins and Daemonhosts used deep strike to hit the Eldar deployment zone. The assassins were wiped out immediately but the Daemonhosts hung around and killed off the guardians and both reaper squads. I could have pulled off a freaky win on the last turn as a Daemonhost teleported in next to the banshees but he scattered 11" out of assault range.
Funniest moment: Inquisitors rhino tank shocking the Farseer and driving him off the table.
- Will I ever roll a 2+ for the Vindicare? He is not the answer to more firepower in the Daemonhunter army
- Need more long range hitting power to deal with things like the Wraithlord at a distance
- Daemonhosts are tasty! They struck into the heart of the enemy lines and created mayhem - and they both survived the game.