Game: Warhammer 40,000 3rd edition
1st turn: ?
Chaos Space Marines (lone pilgrim)
- Daemon prince Bellicus - Mark of Chaos Undivided, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Armour, Daemonic Aura, Daemonic Resilience, Dreadaxe, Close Combat Weapon
- Squad Surculus - 5 Possessed, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Daemonic Talons
- Squad Infractis – 7 Chaos Marines, Infiltrate, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Bolt pistols and Close combat weapons, 2 x Plasma Pistols, Aspiring Champion with Powerfist
- Squad Profuge - 7 Chaos Marines, Infiltrate, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Bolt guns, 2 x Plasma guns
- Squad Imber - 5 Havocs,Infiltrate, Mark of Chaos Undivided, bolt guns, 3 x Heavy Bolt guns
- Torius - Predator, Twin-linked Lascannons, Heavy Bolt gun Sponsons
- Atrocitor - Dreadnought, Twin-linked Lascannons
- Lord with daemon weapon in rhino with assault squad and Asp Champ with powerfist
- Shooty squad
- 2 units daemonettes
Playing on the new ice world board with light/moderate cover. Our heavy support set up opposite each other and began to duke it out.
I targeted both the rhino and the enemy dread; by the end of my second turn (after 5 twin-linked Lascannon shots, 2 plasma pistols and a round of combat with my powerfist) I had only immobilised the rhino.
Meanwhile my firebase had taken a hammering. My Havocs were lost to a string of bad dice rolls (3 failed saves out of 4 dice rolls), the dread was immobilised then destroyed, and the Emperors Children were looming.
It was down to my possessed and Daemon Prince to save the day. The possessed were charged by the Lord et al and were cut down to a man before they could strike back. The Daemon prince then waded in, missed all of his attacks and was promptly spannered!
To add insult to injury the daemonettes appeared on target and rolled six sixes against squad Profuge and then had to roll the rest of their attacks. By the end of the fourth turn I was down to the predator, and unsurprisingly I conceded.
Failing to effectively stop the Rhino.
Colin argued it was all down to good luck on his part.
- The two firebases were evenly matched; it could have gone either way. He got the damage in early on and that meant I couldn’t do as much damage back, that meant he could do more damage, etc, etc.
- The Daemon Prince and possessed were wiped out by a string of good rolls for my opponent and a string of bad rolls for myself. Ah well, my good fortune with these units had to end sometime.
- Slaaneshi armies are awesome against other marine armies due to their initiative special rules.