1st turn: ?
- Inquisitor Lord Severus, Daemonhammer, Bolt pistol, Holocaust, Icon of the Just, 2x Acolytes, Power Armour, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, Combat Servitor, 2x Mystics, Rhino with Smoke Launchers
- Death Cult Assassin
- Vindicare assassin
- Inquisitor Kurven psycannon
- Squad Matoso, 9 Stormtroopers, 2x Flamers, Veteran Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon and Krak Grenades, Rhino, Smoke launchers and Extra Armour
- Squad Vargas, 7 Stormtroopers, 2x Plasma Guns, Veteran Sergeant with Plasma pistol, Auspex and Krak Grenades
- Squad Godirtho, 6 Storm troopers, 2x meltaguns
- Squad Seralvo, 6 Storm troopers 2x grenade launchers
- Orbital barrage - Lance strike
- 4 destroyers
- 6 immortals
- 40 Necron warriors
- Lord on destroyer body
I refused my right flank where the immortals were stranded behind a large building - they played virtually no part in the game.
My Inquisitor's rhino was taken out in the first turn by the destroyers but he still made it into assault with the lead Necron unit. Between him and the death cult assassin both Necron warrior units were destroyed in two turns. The Necron lord took out the Inquisitor with psycannon but was then rapid fired to death by the storm troopers (just).
The destroyers flitted around being a pain and although I took several down they kept rolling their 4+ to come back. Grrr!
In the end the Inquisitor Lord and assassin won me the entire game once they were in combat by forcing phase out.
- 1st game ever against Necrons - I was worried but it went OK.
- I won the game because of two power weapons (on the assassin and the Inquisitor Lord). Just these two models destroyed 40 warriors in four assault phases.
- Orbital barrage hit nothing in the entire game.