Mission: 40k in 40 mins
1st turn: ?
- Inquisitor Mabus power armour, bolt pistol and ccw, Hammerhand, combat servitor, 2x Veteran guardsmen with flamers, 2x Veteran guardsmen with hell guns, 1 Veteran guardsman with hell pistol and close combat weapon, rhino
- Inquisitor Sampson power armour, bolt pistol and ccw, Scourging, 2 x Veteran guardsmen with grenade launchers, 4x Veteran guardsmen with hell guns
- Squad Vargas 7 Stormtroopers, 2x Plasma Guns
Lost and the Damned
- 5 traitor guardsmen with lasguns and a heavy bolter
- Large unit of zombie mutants, aspiring champion with powerfist
- 4 man spawn unit
I set up Inquisitor Sampson and his squad on the right to threaten the basilisk and guardsmen, while the rhino set up on my left behind a building. The plasma gun stormtroopers covered the centre.
Inquisitor Sampson and retinue on the right were hit by the basilisk two turns running and wiped out. On the third turn the stormtroopers with plasma guns were also destroyed by the basilisk.
Meanwhile on my left the rhino disgorged its occupants and with two flamers at point blank range and they all but wiped out the 20-man zombie unit. The Inquisitor and retinue then got tied up with the spawn in a lengthy close combat. The Inquisitor routed but fortunately my opponent failed his 50% bottle test and I won the game.
- Those flamers were awesome and won me the game in just one turn of shooting.
- The reason that I had so many men in each retinue is that they are effectively stormtroopers with free Krak grenades.
- A basilisk in such a small game is just silly – and I didn’t realise how accurate they were with direct fire. Ho hum.