1st turn: Lost and the Damned
- Inquisitor Lord, Severus Daemonhammer, Bolt pistol, Holocaust, Icon of the Just, 2xAcolytes, Power Armour, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, Combat Servitor, 2xMystics, Rhino with Smoke Launchers
- 3 x Death Cult Assassins
- 2 x Daemonhosts
- Inquisitor Kurven, psycannon
- Squad Matoso, 9 Stormtroopers, 2xFlamers, Veteran Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon and Krak Grenades, Rhino, Smoke launchers, hunter killer missile and Extra Armour
- Squad Vargas, 7 Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma Guns, Veteran Sergeant with Plasma pistol, Auspex and Krak Grenades
- Squad Godirtho, 6 Storm troopers, 2 x meltaguns
- Squad Seralvo, 6 Storm troopers 2 x grenade launchers
- Orbital barrage, Lance strike
- Traitor squad with heavy bolter and heavy stubber
- 2 large mutant squads
- 5 spawn
- 3 big mutants
- Empty rhino with warp amp
- 5 raptors
- 7 Slaanesh daemonettes
- Tooled up aspiring champion with dark blade
Knowing that I had to advance, as Wayne had superior long range weaponry, I refused my right flank and attacked up the left. Inquisitor Lord Severus' rhino was destroyed and he was forced to walk but the storm troopers contacted the first mutant squad and decimated them with their flamers.
By turn 3 the Lost and the Damned were in disarray. One mutant squad was annihilated, the spawn failed their stupidity test and refused to move and my Daemonhosts appeared behind his lines. In fact one took on his aspiring champion and should have killed him (with d6x2 attacks) but he made all but one of his saves.
The champion then struck the Daemonhost down and got stuck into the storm trooper squad along with the spawn. His defiler strode forward to take on another storm trooper squad and his basilisk accounted for a third.
I rallied a little with Inquisitor Kurven taking out the daemonettes with his psycannon and the hunter killer missile destroying the basilisk. Finally the assassins charged in.
But it wasn't to be as one assassin was killed by a traitor guard squad (!) and then the raptors struck the other. Although Wayne didn't get a single squad out of his deployment zone, by the end of the game he had won on victory points.
- Another enjoyable game against Wayne. I particularly enjoyed the dynamism of my army. By the end of turn two I had a storm trooper squad rampaging around his starting board edge.
- My longer range weapons worked a treat - the hunter killer missile took out the basilisk then the psycannon destroyed the daemonettes (3+ to hit, 2+ to kill, no save).
- I struggled to deal with the defiler and the basilisk in the same game. I need to paint up Kurven's retinue quickly.