1st turn: Space Marines
- Inquisitor Lord Kurven, Power armour, Psycannon, purity seals, 2x Warriors with plasma guns, Gun-servitor with plasma cannon, 2x Sages, 2x Mystics
- 3x Death Cult Assassin
- 2x Daemonhosts
- Squad Matoso, 9 Stormtroopers, 2x Flamers, Veteran Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon and Krak Grenades, Rhino, Smoke launchers and Extra Armour
- Squad Vargas, 6 Stormtroopers, 2x Plasma Guns
- Squad Godirtho, 7 Storm troopers, 2 x meltaguns, Veteran Sergeant with Plasma pistol, Rhino with Smoke Launchers
- Squad Seralvo, 6 Storm troopers 2 x grenade launchers
- 3 bikes
- 5 scouts with missile launcher
- 2 x 5 man tactical squads
- Librarian with large and tooled up retinue
The Space Marines deployed in a defensive formation - the whirlwind behind a building and a marine squad either side. He sent his HQ squad out to the middle and the bikes to my right.
I sent both rhinos to my right and took the bikes out with squad Godirtho and their meltaguns. The Inquisitor thinned out the HQ squad.
On turn two the Daemonhosts arrived in his deployment zone and both of my storm trooper squads shot and assaulted his HQ squad. One Daemonhost was shot and killed but the other took out the whirlwind and after 4 combat phases the HQ squad was destroyed (although I only had a couple of storm troopers left and an assassin).
My Inquisitor took out the scouts. On the final turn my assassins contacted both 5 man marine squads and took them below half strength.
- First real game with a shooty Inquisitor HQ and it worked - he took out the scouts (2+ to hit, 2+ to kill). It also made my melta storm troopers more deadly having the rhino.
- My flamer storm troopers looked doomed when they only killed 1 HQ marine in the shooting phase, but with sheer weight of numbers (and the help of an assassin) they won out.
- An indestructible rhino again claimed a table quarter!