Thursday, September 6, 2007

HORDES OF CHAOS versus Dark Elves

The Mastery of Beasts

Game: Warhammer Fantasy Battle 7th edition
Opponent: Gary
Armies: 750 points

Another chapter in the saga of my Chaos army. I had painted up a Sorcerer model, so I added him as a level 2, put a fifth model in the Knight unit and put the Armour of Damnation on my Aspiring Champion.

Gary spent his 250 points on a War Hydra, and upgraded his magic. Eeep!

Chaos

  • Aspiring Champion with Armour of Damnation
  • Level 2 Sorcerer
  • 12 Warriors full command
  • 5 Knights, champion full command
  • 6 Warhounds
Dark Elves
  • 10 Repeater crossbows
  • 16 Spearelves full command
  • 5 Dark Riders spears
  • Level 2 Sorceress
  • War Hydra
Terrain and deployment
There was a hill on my far left, near the centre of the table, and the Dark Elves had another hill further up on their side of the table. There was a large wood in the Dark Elf deployment zone, on my right flank. I put the Warriors, Warhounds, Sorcerer and Aspiring Champ in the centre facing off against the Dark Elf War Hydra and Spearelves. My Knights were on the far left, where the Dark Riders, Sorceress and Repeater Crossbows were.

The Game
I won first turn and moved forward with everything. The Dark Riders parked themselves in front of my Knights. I charged them and they fled. They contacted my Warriors and were destroyed. The Knights then took a couple of turns to manoeuvre back into the battle.

I used my Sorcerer to cast Unseen Lurker on the Warriors to give them an extra march. The War Hydra charged into them. My Warhounds fled due to terror. Over the course of two turns I broke the Hydra and pursued into the Spearelves. My Asp Champ butchered a load and they broke.

Back on the left, my Knights crashed into the Repeater Crossbows and rode down the Sorceress.

Result: Win - a comprehensive victory for my growing Chaos horde.

Honours
  • Chaos - the aspiring champion for helping to kill the Hydra and the Spearelves
  • Dark Elves - the dark riders for taking my knights out of half of the game

No comments:

Post a Comment