Tuesday, September 4, 2007

HORDES OF CHAOS versus Dark Elves

Game: Warhammer Fantasy Battle 7th edition
Opponent: Gary
Armies: 500 points
Chaos:
  • Aspiring Champion with Shield
  • 12 Warriors full command
  • 4 Knights, champion and standard
  • 6 Warhounds
Dark Elves:
  • Noble
  • 10 Repeater crossbows
  • 16 Spearelves full command
  • 8 Dark Riders spears
Terrain and deployment
This time the Elves began on my far right so I put the Knights over there along with the hounds.

The game
The Druchii won first turn. The Dark Riders galloped down the flank while my Warriors and Knights pushed up through the centre. The Dark Riders hit the flank of the Knights and killed one. The Knights held and the War hounds then hit the Riders in the flank. The DE cavalry broke and were pursued by the Knights who eventually caught and slaughtered them. The bloodthirsty Knights ran off the table.

Meanwhile my Warriors were being whittled down by the Crossbows. They made combat with the Spearelves. My depleted unit was beaten and run down. My hounds got shot to pieces by the Crossbows and my Knights didn't come back quickly enough to rejoin the fray.

Result: Loss

Honours
  • Chaos - the Knights
  • Dark Elves - the Spearelves

No comments:

Post a Comment