Wednesday, September 5, 2007

HORDES OF CHAOS versus Dark Elves

The battle of the Teld

Here is another battle report describing a game between my Hordes of Chaos and the dastardly Dark Elves.

Game: Warhammer Fantasy Battle 7th edition
Opponent: Gary
Armies: 500 points

Chaos

  • Aspiring Champion with Shield
  • 12 Warriors full command
  • 4 Knights, champion and standard
  • 6 Warhounds
Dark Elves
  • 10 Repeater crossbows
  • 16 Spearelves full command
  • 5 Dark Riders spears
  • Level 1 Sorceress on Cold One
Terrain and deployment
I had a river with a bridge on my left and a hill on my right. There was a hill on my opposite left and a small wood on my opposite right. I began with the Knights on the right, the Warriors next to them and the Aspiring Champ between them. I put the War Hounds out on the far left, behind the river. The Dark Elves had their Spearelves and Dark Riders against my main force on the right, with the Sorceress on the far left next to the Repeater Crossbows.

The Game
My Chaos army moved up the centre and right flank. The Dark Riders baited and fled the Knights but were caught and run down. The Knights slammed into the Spearelves and a protracted combat broke out.

Meanwhile, the Warhounds and Aspiring Champion were shredded by Dark Elf magic and shooting.

My Warriors milled about waiting for the outcome of the Spearelves versus Knight smackdown and played no part in the battle. Eventually, the Knights ground down the Elves then the game ended.

Result: Although the Dark Elves were ahead on kills I had more table quarters and standards, so the result was a draw.

Honours
  • Chaos - Knights
  • Dark Elves - Repeater crossbows

No comments:

Post a Comment